It’s time to create a new routine – to Stay Fit & Healthy
Covid-19 has thrown a spanner in the works for a lot of people, so know that you’re not alone. When things change drastically and you find yourself with more or less time on your hands it can disrupt your normal routine very easily. This is why its CRITCAL to build new habits and routines. Not only will this keep you fit & healthy but it will boost your mood, keeping your mental health in check as well.
It’s important at this time not to compare yourself with anyone else, You are you and you need to do what feels good for you and your body.
Now is the time you must make the EFFORT to make a NEW ROUTINE. Remember exercise makes you feel alive, more energetic, happy and yes sometimes sore!! Consistency is Key – when you exercise regularly you will find you are more efficient in your day and in turn it’s easier to make healthier choices. All this from just doing 30mins of exercise a day!
Everyone has different fitness levels and different end goals. Make sure you are working towards these goals by making good choices on a day to day basis. It might be as simple as get up and go for a walk each morning, if you feel like jogging, do it, if you don’t then that’s ok. The more consistently you walk the easier it will become, when the time is right you will walk longer or start jogging for small periods throughout your walk. It’s simply just one step at a time. These can become small daily goals that you can achieve.
Don’t sit at home watching YouTube clips thinking I wish I could do that, then getting depressed cause you can’t. Anything you do today is better than yesterday when you did nothing at all. Just start and build from there. Once you have done it once, you will be inspired to do it again a bit better, it’s good to push yourself, but it’s also important to do what’s right for you and your body.
- Decide what your goals are and why these are important to you.
- Focus on the training you are able to do. For some this will be workouts without equipment such as shadow boxing and body weighted conditioning exercises. For others, it will be hitting a bag at home and going for a daily run/walk.
- Schedule a time each day that is “Me Time”. Use our weekly planner and put on your fridge to keep you accountable.
- Set your alarm as a reminder so there are no excuses.
- JUST START! Start small and build on the duration and effort each training session. Consistency is the key.
- Grab a friend to exercise with as this will keep you accountable and motivated if you struggle on your own.
- Mix it up – take your training to the park or beach, this makes you leave the comfort of your home/workplace.
- If in doubt shout out in our Facebook group for help, accountability or assistance in making a training routine for the week.
So what are you waiting for?? Download the weekly planner and get yourself ready for tomorrow!!