ACTION PLAN – COVID-19
Urban Muaythai values the health and wellbeing of all our members. We will do everything in our power to keep the gym a safe, healthy environment to train in. We will be taking advice from the government moving forward in regards to best practices. This will be evaluated frequently and our workouts will be adjusted accordingly. We are here to help keep you healthy and fit and will available at any time should you have questions for us.
What is the Coronavirus – COVID-19
Novel COVID-19 is a new strain of the coronavirus family that has been around since the 70’s. A virus is an organism that requires a host (human) to survive. They can only survive for a certain period of time without a host. In the case of the coronavirus, they are still figuring out how long it can survive. They estimate between 48 hours (typical flu) to 9 days (SARS/ MERS).
It has been found that this virus can be wiped away with household disinfectants, which is why we are increasing the use of disinfectants throughout all our gym surfaces.
Advice Issued by the Australian Government – March 19th 2020
- No more than 100 people should gather indoors at any given time, no more than 500 people should gather outside at any given point.
- If you have travelled overseas you need to self-quarantine for 2 weeks before heading back into the community
- Frequent washing of hands by soap for 20sec or with hand sanitizer for 60 sec is advised.
- Gyms, indoor fitness centres and swimming pools do not need to close at this time. However, they must follow social distancing advice and have good cleaning routines in place.
- Social Distancing is recommended of 1 person per 4sqm
- Currently, Australia does not have widespread community transmission of COVID-19.
4 STAGE ACTION PLAN
Enforce the New Cleaning and Hygiene Policy
Education for Health and Wellness
Limitations of people in one place by government – 1 person per 2m x 2m area
Our building is 190sqm = 47 people inside at a given time
Open Gym- Workout of the Day Posted – a maximum of 30 people in the gym at any given time.
Mens Legends Program, Kids, Cadets, Teens, Morning Classes, 7pm Classes still remain with No Contact.
1 Staff Member On at all times, Directing and training members
Cleaning regime being upheld more regularly
Restricted to fewer than 10 people in venue at one time
Booking will be required through clubworx
Open Gym – Work out of Day posted
1 x Online Live Training session per day
Gym Open 6-10am & 4- 8pm
Hygiene and Cleaning Upheld
All training will be taken online.
Workout of Day posted in facebook group
Live training sessions will occur 3 x per week
Continual Education on Health and wellbeing
Group Hub where people can go to have a live in person conversation with people to curb boredom
How does the virus spread?
- Through direct transmission – close contact with an infected person who coughs or sneezes on you.
- Touching a surface where someone has coughed or sneezed and it has not been wiped down.
“Some viruses also have an outer envelope made of lipids, which are fatty organic molecules. The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 is one of these “enveloped” viruses. Soap can dissolve this fatty envelope, leading to the destruction of the whole virus particle. That’s one reason washing your hands with soap is so effective!
The main route to enter the body is through you touching your face, eyes, mouth, nose with the germ on your hand. This is why hand washing is VERY important.
Hygiene for members:
Urban Muaythai has implemented a new cleaning and hygiene policy which addresses these points identified.
Hand soap will be provided in all bathrooms & Hand sanitizer will be provided at reception, we ask all members to wash their hands at the beginning and end of each session.
All members are required to bring their own towel to training.
All members will be required to use their own equipment. There will be no sharing of gloves, shin pads, head gear.
If you have any of these symptoms – fever, runny nose, sneezing or coughing we ask that you respect everyone else in the gym and stay home for a week until symptoms subside. Staff have been informed to send members home if they feel they are too unwell for class.
- Pads, Bags will now be wiped down between classes
- Mopping and common area disinfecting has also been increased to several times throughout day
Read more information here on important ways to boost your immune system